We are moving into a new season this month and many ways I feel this is a metaphor for where we are going within ourselves. Walls seem to be crumbling around structures and perceptions. Suddenly, it feels like there is a huge push to just be who we are! It sounds simple enough, but so often we get challenged when we really start to step fully into all of the song that is us. For me, it feels like a testing to keep strengthening the pathways within my psyche. It is also allowing us to really love and get to know aspects that we have formally repressed.
For me, the Fool archetype has been coming forward. I have a wonderful book called Awakening the Heroes Within by Carol Pearson. I’ve done the Heroic Mythic Index many times and consistently I had the highest score for Ruler and Magician and a very low score for Fool. Feeling foolish or embarrassing myself was pretty close to the worst thing I could imagine when I was younger. Now, I’m finding this huge itch to laugh more, play more, and to all around just lighten up! Life is full of things to worry about and my guess is that it always will be. Yet, the Fool reminds us that we can still laugh at it all and find the joy in the moment. We can be silly and play and still be okay. This photo is here to help empower the opening of the walls we have built to keep emotions at bay. As we open to our own feelings and deeper self, we open to the Divine and a steady stream of love from our own Spirit, a place where we are always safe.
Here is an image taken in Northern Ireland and some tips on how to use it to empower yourself:
How to Work with the Image to Support the Process
- Take a moment to center yourself. Close your eyes and breathe in and out slowly three times. Let your exhale be longer than your inhale.
- Open your eyes and focus on the image. Ask your Spiritual Support Team to help you come into harmonic resonance with the image and to receive the amount of energy from the essence of the place for your highest and best good.
- Use your imagination to put yourself in the photo. Use all your senses to interact with what is shown. What do you feel, see, hear, smell, taste and touch as you connect?
- Ask for Divine guidance on how you can incorporate the gifts from this essence into your own life and situation. Allow yourself to feel the love and support flowing to you and through you from the Earth and the Divine.
- Repeat the affirmation (see caption) as you breathe in and out slowly.
- Be open to any additional thoughts, sounds, smells, or images that come to you as you are working with the photo. Consider these as messages to support you on your path. Ask what these impressions mean to you. What do they make you think or feel?
- Continue to recall the image throughout the day when you wish to bring in the energy it provides.
- Express your gratitude for the gifts given to you through the experience.
Love to you all!
About Morning Musings…I asked for some intuitive guidance for today (or whatever day you come upon this). I find it helpful to use the metaphor I’m shown to make the most of my day. I hope you find it helpful too! Here it is…
I see a stream with cool, crystal-clear water. It is moving quickly and feels almost joyful. I see myself scooping up the water and drinking it. It is crisp and invigorating. I see a deer with antlers on the opposite bank. Its fur is beginning to thicken. It feels like a crisp fall day. It watches me as if waiting for me to come to it. I cross the river and touch its neck. The fur is coarse and brittle and I can feel the warmth of the animal’s body on my cold fingers. It turns and I feel it wishes me to follow. We head through the fall woods. I see a hawk flying above us, as if it is leading the way. Eventually, we come to a clearing with a small cabin. Smoke is coming from the chimney. The deer leads me to the door. A Spirit Guide steps out and smiles at me. I hear, “Welcome home.”
How lovely this image is! It feels so fresh and alive! Coming home with the deer (which represents compassion, gentleness and new adventures) with a hawk (spiritual messenger and guide) leading the way, gives this a sense of returning from a long trip with close friends. The fall reference makes me think of a time of harvest and celebration. It also feels like a time to return to one’s center and recharge. The Spirit Guide waiting feels like my closest companion and friend. The fire, the nearby fresh and invigorating water source, all suggest a chance to recharge and refresh our spirits after a long journey.
Today, I intend to recharge my soul. I will drink deeply of all the beauty. I will rest in my own center, knowing I am surrounded by friends. Today, I will allow myself to soak up the joy of being at home, knowing I deserve this rest and respite from my travels. Today, I will soak in the joy of simple pleasures.
I pray it is so, and so it is…
Wishing you all a day filled with joy!