Author Archives: Spirit Earth Coaching LLC
I decided to post this week’s newsletter from my email list on the website, as I know anxiety and panic are something that a lot of people struggle with. Hope you find it helpful!
Last week, panic attacks were the theme with three different people in a span of 24 hours! This took me back to my own experience with panic and reminded me of my vow to never go there again! I wanted to share what I learned from the experience with the hopes of helping others avoid the experience all together, as it was one of the most horrible things I ever went through.
The bottom line to stay out of a panic attack, is to keep your inner batteries charged up and not depleted. When we are in a constant state of anxiety and stress, it wears down the reserves and our adrenal glands become fatigued. This means our ability to cope with additional stressors is greatly diminished. My own panic attack felt like I was having a heart attack or something worse. I felt like I was dying and I was rushed to the emergency room. Once it subsided, I then had years of constant anxiety that was fueled partly by my fear of having it happen again! Below are some simple steps you can take to recharge your batteries (if they are already depleted) or to keep them charged up so you can avoid anxiety and panic.
Steps to Stay OUT of Adrenal Fatigue and Panic
1. Take a 30 minute walk everyday outside (preferably alone if you can). This saved my life! Exercise and breathing are the ways to clear the excess cortisol and other stress hormones from your system. When we are walking we are moving and breathing more deeply. Plus, we are in nature which helps to settle and calm the nervous system. I still do this every day now!
2. Donna Eden’s Energy Medicine – Having tools to use when you get into an anxious state is so important! I like the Energy Medicine Toolkit – I can flip a card and just do what it says if I’m anxious. You can also use the techniques to sedate the triple warmer and strengthen the spleen meridians which is essential to getting out of flight or flight. You can find those on You Tube for free. Learn a few easy techniques to calm the triple warmer so you have them on hand whenever you need them.
3. Rub your feet – Even if you have no training with reflexology, this is still a very powerful tool to use. Simply start rubbing your feet, toes, and ankles. As you find sore spots, spend more time there until they feel better. Let your intuition guide you and you will soon feel much more settled. You can access the entire system from the feet energetically – plus rubbing the feet reminds us to get back in our bodies which is much-needed when we are in a state of anxiety or fear.
4. Pay attention! Don’t ignore feelings of stress or overwhelm. When that starts, it is time to slow down, take the physical steps mentioned above to get out of fear and then get some insight into what is going on inside of you. I have found that anxiety usually stems from a truth that I am afraid to face or that I’m attempting to push myself into doing something that is not in resonance. Figuring out what is going on (after you have taken the steps to settle yourself) will help resolve the deeper message the fear is trying to bring.
5. Resist the urge to “think” to find a solution – When something goes wrong, we are quick to jump to thinking as a means of finding the answer. This is the worst thing you can do when you are struggling with anxiety. The sympathetic nervous system is activated when we are thinking. You want the parasympathetic system to kick in that is all about being. That is why having tools on hand you can use immediately without having to “think about” what to do is so important. Often, anxiety hits in the middle of the night, so having something you can do instantly to feel better is crucial.
Finally, just remember that your best friends when you are feeling anxious are movement and breathing! As tempting as it is to climb into bed and hide out, move instead! Even doing something like washing the floor can help, as it will clear out the stress hormones!
Opportunities to Connect
3/24 Saturday 1-5PM Spring Open House – This event is full – I’m excited to see those of you who are coming! I will be sending out an email soon with details.
3/31 Saturday 10 AM – 12 PM (Hinckley Metroparks) ReWilding Hike- A huge challenge we are facing as a collective is our disconnect from nature and our own physical systems. We have moved so much into our heads that our systems are constantly in a state of stress. Being at home in the natural world and in our physical bodies can change that pattern. This event will share some information about the concept of “ReWilding,” teach you some simple techniques to help you be more connected to the natural world, and give you a chance to get outside and get some exercise too. We will be talking for about an hour inside and then walking for an hour around Hinckley Lake. Love Exchange: $15/Members or $30/Non-Members. Reply to this email (for email subscribers) or use the contact form at the bottom to register.
Oracle Card Reading for the Week
From The Fool’s Wisdom Oracle Cards by Sonia Choquette
The Play Fool – “Have fun and be playful.”
Nancy’s Reflections: This is so perfect with the topic of anxiety and panic! Worrying and being in our head is what causes us to land in anxiety and panic, so playing is the perfect antidote! When we play and laugh, our nervous systems settle. We are able to move out of fear and into love, which then brings us more love to enjoy! A few tips to help you find that playful energy (as I know it can be tough when we feel weighed down by worries):
1. “I am laughing!” – I find that when I can’t get myself out of a heavier state of mind, if I start repeating this affirmation, my energy lightens and shifts. So even if you can’t get yourself to laugh out loud, try saying this statement over and over and it will make it easier to laugh for real.
2. Listen to Kid’s Music – I shared in a group recently that I’d been doing a lot of the hokey pokey lately! Singing simple childhood songs – especially ones that make you move – is a great way to get out of heavy adult energy and into fun. If you look on Pandora or You Tube or other music collections, you can easily find recordings of childhood songs. Have some on hand this week to pull out when you need a little lightening up!
3. Dance – Dancing is great exercise and it is also tremendous for freeing up our resistance. Don’t worry about looking good or having good moves! Just move your body in whatever way feels good and shake off the stress! I loved the movie “Sing” and one of the songs on that was “Shake it Off.” That is a great one to dance around too, especially if you have something you want to shake off!
4. Get outside and wander – When I was a kid, I spent a lot of hours in the vacant lot next door looking for fossils or climbing trees. Find time to wander outside a bit, even if it is just in your backyard. There is so much going on out there that we miss because we are too in our heads to notice. Find your childhood curiosity again and reawaken your playful spirit!
Coaching Tool for the Week
Here is a quick video to explain how to do foot reflexology on yourself!
Wishing you all a playful, anxiety-free week!
With much love,
Spring is coming! I have always loved spring and getting to see the green coming back. Spiritually and energetically, it is a call to plant the seeds of what we would like to grow in our lives. I have three different coaching events coming up this month that can help. See below for details:
New Moon Meditation Circle 3/16 7-9PM: The New Moon is a great time to make new wishes for the coming month. For this event, you will be led on a guided meditation and have time to connect with your own intuition to discover what you would love to create this month. You will also learn a tapping technique to help you release any subconscious blocks that may be interfering with manifestation. You will also receive an oracle card reading to finish up the evening. Love Exchange: $15/Network Members or $30/Non-Network Members
Spring Celebration Open House 3/24 1-5PM (Hinckley, OH):
My wonderful coaching clients have come together to offer a special event this spring to help raise money for the Crossroads Coaching Scholarship Fund. Join us for an afternoon of empowerment where you will experience the following…
- Empowerment Circle with Nancy Nicholas (Intuitive Life Coach) to provide intuitive insight, practical coaching, and specific strategies to empower you to create your dreams this spring.
- 15 Minute Life Purpose/Career/Work Angel Reading with Paige Koteles (Angel Intuitive/Spiritual Coach) to provide insights into your relationship goals
- 15 Minute Health Coaching Consultation with Buddy Ann Ross (Naturopath/Holistic Coach) to provide practical tips to reach your health goals
- 15 Minute Relationship Rune Reading with Shannon Whalen (Reiki Master/Shamanic Practitioner) for guidance on how to manifest your life purpose or career goals
- 10 Minute Energy Balancing Session with Neil Kopchak (Reiki Master)
- Create Your Own Spring Manifestation Vision Cards – where you will plant the seeds of your manifesting intentions in the area of finances, health and relationships through creating a collage of words and images on a card to keep you inspired all spring
- Light refreshments
Love Exchange: Make a Love Offering to the
Crossroads Coaching Scholarship Fund
See below for how to register!
Rewilding Hike 3/31 10 AM – 12 PM (Hinckley Metroparks): Join Life Coaches Ryan O’Toole and Nancy Nicholas to learn how you can begin the “Rewilding” process by getting out in nature and reconnecting to your own wild self. We will start off indoors sharing about the concept of rewilding, how it can help you be healthier, happier, and more at home in nature, tips for making your hiking experience more fulfilling, and then we will be taking a three-mile walk around Hinckley Lake focused on nature observation and getting in shape for spring. Love Exchange: $15/Network Members or $30/Non-Network Members
How To Register for March Events
From the Blog: Use the contact form at the end of the post.
For Email Subscribers: Just reply to this email!
March Special Offer
When you join the Spiritual Support Network for 50% off coaching services this month, you can bring a friend to a March event or gift them with a 50% off coaching session.
To Join the Spiritual Support Network and receive 50% off coaching services for March (and gift a friend with one coaching session or event entrance at 50% off) visit this link: Network
Oracle Card Reading for March
From Soul Coaching Oracle Cards by Denise Linn
Delight – “Clap your hands with joy and let your inner child play. Be silly or play hooky and take a day off. This isn’t the time to buckle down and get to work; this is when you should be madcap and spontaneous. Have fun!”
Affirmation: “I delight in everything in my world and divine joy fills me!”
As bizarre as it sounds, the more tense things get in the world, the more important it becomes to play. We are trying to shift into a lighter, higher vibration that is closer to the frequency of love right now -personally and collectively – so finding ways to enjoy your day and the simple pleasures it brings is actually accomplishing a lot! This month as the weather begins to shift into spring, find time to get outside and experience the wonder of nature. Be grateful for the still cold, snowy times too when you can relax with a cup of tea and enjoy being somewhere warm. Below is a great tool to help you get into a state of gratitude which is always a wonderful way to find delight in life and bring in this higher vibration which has the power to transform experiences and relationships that no longer resonate into something that is a better match.
Coaching Tool For March
I am really enjoying the Tapping Solution Telesummit! If you are interested, you can still sign up for free and listen to the remaining days of calls. In the meantime, one of the speakers I listened to was Brad Yates. I just loved his gentle approach and sense of humor! He has hundreds of tapping videos available on You Tube for free. Here is one you can watch by him to help bring in delight:
Blog/Online: Use this contact form to register.
Email Subscribers: You can just reply to the email to sign up for events.
Sending much love your way!
Below are some opportunities to connect for February. The first month of the Spiritual Support Network pilot program was a success, so I will be continuing it for February! This offers 50% off coaching services, along with other perks. You can learn more below, along with information about some of the events being offered:
I Ching Teaching Circles – Sunday 2/25 2-4PM (Hinckley, OH): The I Ching is a 5000 year old book and oracle that is based on the philosophy of Taoism. Taoism is explained in an ancient text called The Tao Te Ching 0r The Way of Life by Lao Tzu which teaches the philosophy of being in balance, working with the flow of yin and the yang, being in harmony with nature, non-resistance, and flowing with life. The I Ching is a much studied text and there are many versions of the book, some very complicated and confusing. We will be using two easy to access variations – The I Ching: Book of Changes by Brian Browne Walker that is a great introductory version and the Secrets of the I Ching by Joseph Murray. The first hour will focus on the process of getting guidance with the I Ching, doing a group reading, and the second hour will focus on giving you the opportunity to do a reading for yourself which I will help you interpret. I started my spiritual journey with the I Ching and worked with it extensively for several years. I am excited to share its philosophy and wisdom with you! You will need three pennies, paper, and pencil to participate. Book purchase is optional. Love Exchange: $15/Network Members or $30/Non-Network Members
Meditation Circles – Friday 2/9 (Granger, OH) and 2/23 7-9PM (Hinckley, OH)
Movement is a big theme for this year, so we will be starting the meditation circles with me sharing some of my favorite tools to settle the nervous system and to get your energy flowing optimally for the meditation. These will be gentle movement activities that share different energy balancing techniques you can also use during the meditation process. There will be a guided meditation, independent meditation time, and an opportunity to share as well. Love Exchange: $15/Network Members or $30/Non-Network.
Grow Your Gifts Reiki Workshop 2/17 (Saturday) 12 PM – 5 PM Hinckley, OH
In my work as an Intuitive Life Coach, my mission is to help people become empowered by clearing emotional, physical, mental and spiritual blocks, to connect them more deeply to their own innate wisdom and spiritual gifts, and to empower them to share those gifts as part of their life purpose. Learning a modality like Reiki offers a powerful tool to help in this process. Reiki is a Japanese energy healing technique that offers many gifts to the practitioner and the one receiving the energy healing. It provides a way to balance and heal yourself, as well as shifting your vibration which makes it easier to connect with your Spiritual Support Team of Angels and Spirit Guides. For this workshop, you will be learning the answers to the following questions:
- What is Reiki?
- How can Reiki help empower me and those I love?
- What are the steps to administer Reiki?
- How can Reiki be used for healing?
- How is Reiki tied to my life purpose?
- How can I use Reiki in a way that is safe and nurturing for my system, especially for those who are highly sensitive?
- How can I keep my vibration high so I have increased clarity and accuracy when connecting with my intuition?
Participants in the workshop will be receiving Reiki One attunements, experiencing hands on instruction and practice time, learning how to work with their intuition using Reiki, and intuitive guidance on how to more deeply connect to your Spiritual Support Team using Reiki to support this process. This workshop will be co-taught by Reiki Masters, Nancy Nicholas and Neil Kopchak. Love Exchange: $50/Network Members or $100/Non-Members
Join the Network for February:
If you would like to learn more about the Spiritual Support Network which offers a one month membership for the love offering of your choice ($25-$150) which provides 50% off coaching services and other perks, visit the link below:
Spiritual Support Network
*April 2018 – Spiritual Support Network name changed to Coaching Club
How to Register
Please use the contact form below to register for any of the upcoming events! Just indicated which event you wish to sign up for in the comment block.
Collectively, there has been a rising up of those who have felt victimized and repressed, especially by the feminine (an aspect that is in all of us – both women and men). This has also been occurring on the individual level within our own psyches as well. It is as if the parts of ourselves that we have undervalued have absolutely had it with being dismissed or ignored! It has also sparked off fear, as our inner and outer interactions are being asked to evolve. This is kicking up a lot of anger which is spilling out in our relationships. I have worked with many women lately who have been struggling with relationship challenges, often between the women in their family. Sadly, it has frequently lead to a complete breakdown in communication, causing a fracturing in the family.
Hearing about these conflicts, I have been pondering the question about what true feminine power looks like. It occurs to me that these dynamics are another example of how feminine power has been masquerading as a man. Feminine power is about wisdom, nurturing, cohesiveness, harmony and empowering the whole. It is about trusting the natural unfoldment of life, working with its rhythms, not trying to dictate them. The more masculine approach is individually focused and goal oriented. It is about action and doing, not being. This is not the true nature of the feminine or yin. Yet, isn’t that what is happening in these dynamics? Instead of the using of wisdom to bring people together so that all feel empowered and nurtured, it is as if we are suddenly so afraid of being left out in the cold that we are shoving our sisters out first.
When I asked for guidance about this, I was given a very powerful message. The message was that we all, men and women, need to start thinking of ourselves as part of one organism. While we don’t always realize it, we are connected energetically and telepathically to all those we know. They also said that anyone who shows up in your life, in your movie, is part of your whole, even the ones that you think you don’t want there or who don’t seem to want you! It is not to say that we have to stay involved with people who are abusive to us, but it does mean that those people are part of the whole and there to teach us something that is important to the functioning of the whole. For example, our body is one organism, but it has many individual parts. If the left leg decided the liver was disgusting because of its function to remove toxins from the body and tried to get rid of it, the body would die. We are made up of many parts and all parts are needed and none are truly more valuable than others. The organism thrives when each part is playing the role it was meant to play in the way it was meant to play it. When this becomes out of balance, the whole being suffers.
So what do we do with this information? I was guided to start asking myself in all situations, how will this impact the harmony of the whole that I am a part of and how will it impact my relationship to the larger whole which is Nature which we are dependent on? It is not a question of kicking people out of our movie, but instead asking ourselves, what is the best response from me that will feed the harmony of the whole in regards to this person? Is the conflict that is being created causing growth? Is it bringing to light places where we are too controlling of others, instead of trusting in the flow of life and the perfect timing of nature – what true feminine power is all about? Are we too focused on what others are doing while ignoring our own needs and interests? Are we overlooking the need for each individual to access their own wisdom, so that they can feel empowered? Are we welcoming and inviting to all or are we trying to exclude and control? What is going on for the other person from a spiritual perspective?
Going back to the metaphor of the body, imagine what would happen if the stomach was obsessed with how the lungs were breathing. Imagine it being so busy prodding the lungs to breathe when it thought it should, that it was unable to do its own job of digesting food! What a disaster that would be. Feminine wisdom (something we all possess – both men and women) knows that it is not necessary to control things. Nature knows what it is doing – just as our bodies do. If you look at most of the challenges we are having in our environment right now, they have come from getting out of balance with the needs of the whole and trying to control processes that we didn’t really understand. Could this also be said about the interactions with our loved ones? Perhaps each of us is doing exactly what we need to do with our lives, with the people we are meant to be doing to with, for our optimal spiritual growth and development. What if there is truly a bigger story here and we don’t need to try to control that story, but can instead trust that everything is unfolding in perfect, Divine order for the highest good of all?
Shifting from the thinking of trying to control the parts, we would instead focusing on feeding the harmony of the whole. We would work with the whole of our bodies, the whole of our families, the whole of our communities, the whole of our world. We would nurture, support, encourage, and allow each system to move into its perfect rhythm without trying to force it. We could relax, let go, and enjoy the absolutely perfection of each moment, even the moments that challenge us.
When I asked for guidance on how to work toward this more harmonious approach, the following steps were suggested:
When someone challenges you…
1. Say thank you in your heart. “Thank you for bringing to my awareness that which is no longer in resonance for me. Thank you for helping me to see something I believe that is not good for me that has created this challenge. Thank you, for at the soul level, I know you are my friend.”
2. Ask yourself how you can feed the harmony of the whole in this situation? If the person who is challenging you seems controlling, ask yourself, is there somewhere in my life where I need to trust more and let go of control? If the person is unkind, ask yourself is there somewhere in my life that I am being unkind or judgmental of myself or others? Let the person be a mirror that helps you more deeply understand yourself.
3. Send love and peace to the person who challenges you. We want the whole organism to thrive because it is the only way that each part will thrive. Pray for the person. Pray that they find the wisdom they need. Pray that they feel loved and safe. Pray that you can allow them to find their way, as you work to find your own. Just as you may feel unhappy when your head hurts, the best way to get the head to feel better is to send love its way. To do things that nurture yourself and to be kind to yourself. The same is true within our dynamics with others.
4. Be patient. Nature has its own timing. Things may not shift as quickly as you like, but things are changing. Let it unfold. Breathe, focus on what is going well in your life, and love. Trust. The Creator has it all under control, so you can relax and trust that in the end all is working for your good.
Thank you for being part of my whole!
Sending love and gratitude,
Happy Winter Solstice!
We are at the turning point of one season and the beginning of the next. These markers are good days to take time to honor what has passed with love and gratitude, release what no longer serves us, and set intentions for the new season to come. To support you with this process, I did a recorded reading for the Winter Solstice using a Medicine Wheel set up that provides messages from the Angels, Ancestors, Guides, and Mother Earth to support your continued empowerment in the Winter Season. The 20 minute recording is available at this link:
I am also excited about some new opportunities beginning in January. See below for more information:
New Pilot Program from January 1 – March 31
Spiritual Support Network – Offering Ongoing, Affordable Coaching Services
I have found that consistent, ongoing spiritual support through life coaching, energy work and connecting with others on a spiritual path can make all the difference between hopelessness and empowerment. Unfortunately, lack of resources often stands in the way of receiving this support. Part of my work has been to not only teach about spiritual laws, but also to live by them. On this journey, I have been shown again and again that we are co-creating our experiences with the Creator and when you line up with your heart, resources come in to support you. I am being called to once again take a leap of faith, and trust this spiritual law, so that I can provide and receive this much-needed support. I invite you to take a leap of faith with me by joining the network with the intention of creating a new system where all thrive with abundance in all areas of our lives.
- Coaching Empowerment Plan to clarify your goals, needs and gifts to share
- 50% off on all Crossroads Coaching services, workshops and classes
- Networking with other members to provide meaningful connections and support for each other
- Customized coaching workshops, classes, and events to meet the needs of Network members
- Special offers from Network members (optional)
Love Offering: $25 – $150/month
To learn more (including frequently asked questions) and to sign up, visit this link: Network
Magical Child Workshop
January 14, 2018
1 – 5 PM
For several years now, one of my favorite affirmations has been, “I am a magical child, living in a magical Universe where everything works out for me.” The idea behind it was to connect with my inner child in a way that is joyful and fun. It has worked beautifully! When I set that intention, I find myself having very magical, fun experiences and everything does work out because when we access the joyful child within, we are able to manifest miracles in our lives.
This workshop will include:
- Intuitive insight and a message from your Magical Inner Child
- Magical Child Oracle Card Deck which you will create to gain wisdom and insights from your Magical Child
- Abundance Manifestation Technique that you can use on your own
- Fun games
- Lots of laughter
- Light refreshments
$80/person or $75/person when you register with a friend
Network members: $40/person or $35 when you register with a friend
To sign up, use the contact form below:
Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season and Winter Solstice!
Join me for a Sedona Guided Journey Call- Thursday 11/2 – 7PM EST
We had an amazing retreat with Jaap Van Etten last week in Sedona! I am excited to share the experience with all of you.
I am going to do a call on Thursday 11/2 at 7PM EST for those who would like to experience a guided meditation/journey to one of the magical places we visited as part of the retreat (hint – it involves dragons!). All love offerings from this call will be going into the Crossroads Coaching Scholarship Fund. Just make a love offering of any amount and I will email you the call in details. I will also be recording the call, so you can listen later if you aren’t able to make it in person. You can make a love offering to the Scholarship Program here: Scholarship Fund
11/12 Archangel Essence Workshop in Hinckley, Ohio (1-4 PM) TWO spots left!
Join me and Aromatherapist/Spiritual Teacher Laurie Price for a three- hour workshop in Hinckley, Ohio! When I was on my last trip out west, I came across these wonderful pendant necklaces that could hold an essential oil. That sparked an idea that led to the birth of this workshop! For this event, you will learn how to connect and work with your Archangels, Angels and Spirit Guides more closely, create an essence to help you connect with them easily, and create your own essential oil blend to use with the essence you create, as well as learn some tips on working with essential oils. You will each receive a pendant essential oil vial to wear your new blend. You will also get to try out some different Angel oracle cards and other tools to help you work with your Archangels more easily. We will have some gift items for sale too (books, essential oils, chakra and meridian essences, and crystals) for yourself or as gifts for loved ones. Light refreshments, hot tea, and maybe a warm wood burning stove fire if the weather calls for it will be included! Love Exchange: $75 or $65 when you register with a friend. Use the contact form below to sign up!
I’m out in Sedona, AZ for a few weeks so I did the monthly recording from Oak Creek Canyon – one of my favorite places in this area! I recorded it on the New Moon which is a great time for setting new intentions and making wishes for the month ahead. This recording shares a short meditation to help you step into a peaceful, stress-free state and out of fight or flight. I also share some tips to help you identify and work through the emotions/situations that are causing the fear response so you can learn what it has to teach you. The focus is to support you in moving into a peaceful, relaxed and receptive state where we are able to create what we wish to manifest!
You can listen to the recording here: October November 2017
11/12 Archangel Essence Workshop in Hinckley, Ohio (1-4 PM) – We have five spots left for this fun workshop! See below for details…
Join me and Aromatherapist/Spiritual Teacher Laurie Price for a three-hour workshop in Hinckley, Ohio! When I was on my last trip out west, I came across these wonderful pendant necklaces that could hold an essential oil. That sparked an idea that led to the birth of this workshop! For this event, you will learn how to connect and work with your Archangels, Angels and Spirit Guides more closely, create an essence to help you connect with them easily, and create your own essential oil blend to use with the essence you create, as well as learn some tips on working with essential oils. You will each receive a pendant essential oil vial to wear your new blend. You will also get to try out some different Angel oracle cards and other tools to help you work with your Archangels more easily. We will have some gift items for sale too (books, essential oils, chakra and meridian essences, and crystals) for yourself or as gifts for loved ones. Light refreshments, hot tea, and maybe a warm wood burning stove fire if the weather calls for it will be included! Love Exchange: $75 or $65 when you register with a friend. Use the contact form below to register.
Sending much love!
Those of you who have worked with me know that I often talk about the Triple Warmer Meridian. This is one of the energy lines of the body that regulates our fight or flight response. It serves as the inner warrior that is always watching out for danger and prepared to call in the troops should a challenge arise.
In the days of our ancestors, most of the threats we faced came in the form of physical attacks. Should such a physical challenge arise, the triple warmer system would release the hormones and prepare the body for a big physical exertion, either to run or fight. These days, most of our threats are emotional or are of things that aren’t happening directly to us. This means that our inner warrior is running around trying to protect us when there is nothing to fight and no where to run! When this happens, we are essentially putting a cap on a volcano. All that has been geared up gets no outlet and virtually implodes inside of us.
This last week, the Triple Warmer went off the charts for a lot of people. I had more calls about people feeling suicidal or having huge blowups with loved ones then I think I have ever had at one time. So what happened?
Take a look at what has been going on lately. There has been one natural or man-made disaster after another. We are bombarded with tales of suffering, political upheaval, and unfolding disaster daily. Then add in our normal everyday challenges and you have a recipe for Triple Warmer Overload! When that happens, our ability to reason or be objective goes out the window. It makes us feel that everything is out of control and we are in terrible danger. This often leads to frustration with loved ones because we are looking to them to help us feel safe again, when often they are in the midst of fear themselves.
So what can we do about this? Below are some suggestions to help step out of the state of high alert, so we can get back to inner stability and peace. From this place, we are much better able to help others, without crashing and burning ourselves.
1. Breathe – There are two ways to clear the hormones that cause the fight or flight response and deep, slow breaths are one of them. When we are afraid, we start to breathe very shallow and quick. Consciously focus on expanding your lungs to their full capacity, pause, and then do a long, slow exhale from the mouth. Even a few deep breaths can settle your system.
2. Move – When the Triple Warmer gets out of whack, we are often in situations where we can’t move, yet moving is the second way we can clear the hormones that are causing the fight or flight response. If you are in a car, try doing some simple exercises. Grip the steering wheel and hold for 30 seconds and then relax your grip for 30 seconds. Tighten and release different muscle groups. Use one hand to do tapping (emotional freedom technique). If you are somewhere you can move, do some push ups, go for a walk, do some yoga or any exercise that keeps you moving.
3. Laugh – Laughter can quickly calm your system, yet when we are afraid it is often difficult to find anything funny. One thing I have found helpful is to keep repeating “I laugh, I laugh, I laugh” over and over to myself. Even just saying that seems to shift my energy and helps me relax. If you can find something funny to watch or remember something that happened that was really funny, that is even better!
4. Stay Close to the Earth – Nature is our number one ally for keeping our nervous system balanced. When we are out with trees and plants in natural places, our nervous system begins to sync with the vibration of the natural world. This is our optional vibration as well and can provide deep healing. Sitting on the ground, walking barefoot, leaning against a tree are all easy ways to get out of fight or flight. A good metaphor to think of is about being out in a storm. If the wind is blowing fiercely, you don’t want to be up in the tree! You are much safer staying close to the earth. Right now, we need to stay grounded to keep from losing our balance. A daily walk in nature is a great way to take good care of yourself.
5. Be present – It is wonderful how we are able to be connected with people all over the world, but it is also part of the reason we get overloaded sometimes. While we can have great compassion for the suffering of others, we can’t carry their challenges or solve them. For example, those of us in Ohio aren’t able to be helping to fight fires in California right now. We aren’t there and there is no fire to fight where we are. That is why being mindful of what you are exposing yourself too through the media is an important step to calming the Triple Warmer. Imagine you have a young child inside you that is scared. The last thing you would do is start telling them about all the dangerous things that could happen to them! We need to do the same for ourselves. Be present where you are and see where you are as safe and affirm that all is well. Fill yourself with peace. Ask the Angels to help where you aren’t able to and then come back to what is present for you in this moment.
6. Energy Techniques – There are many great energy techniques out there that can help to settle your nervous system and calm the Triple Warmer. You can have a session with a practitioner of reflexology, polarity therapy, Reiki, Jin Shin Jyutsu, BodyTalk, massage, or Cranial Sacral Therapy, just to mention a few. All of these techniques can be very helpful to settle your system. There is also a technique called Energy Medicine created by Donna Eden. I am a huge fan of this system, as it offers many simple things you can do on your own. Below is a link to a You Tube video sharing some of the best ways to calm the Triple Warmer Meridian:
For a list of my favorite practitioners, visit the Gratitude Directory on my sister site: Spirit Earth
I’m also happy to help with an empowerment reading or energy session!
I hope this helps you to find some peace during this time of transformation.
As chaos seems to rain down on our world, it is easy to get caught in fear. More than ever, we need to be warriors of light and refuse to relinquish our right to create a loving and peaceful world. So how do we do this?
We can only do it by working from the inside out. When you are confronted by something in your outer world that frightens you or angers you, a good policy is to check within. One of the techniques shared during my shamanic training was to ask “Is this upsetting me greater than a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale (10 is the highest)?” If the answer is “yes,” then you are dealing with something that is really about you.
Of course, you may ask yourself how does this work with world disasters such as hurricanes, floods, and mass shootings? How can those be about me? There are many ways we can look at this, but for the purpose of this post, I am most interested in how we can work with these experiences to empower ourselves and thus empower others. To do this, I feel that all these outer world experiences are things that we have chosen at a soul level to be part of the movie we are currently starring in. If we included these types of things in our story, the question becomes why? What do these events kick up for you? Do they make you feel angry or sad or victimized? Do you feel powerless or motivated to help others? How we view these events and how we react to them says a lot about what we are trying to learn within ourselves.
For instance, many of us can easily fall into the victim icon right now. There is a feeling of futility when we look at what is happening in the outer world and a sense of hopelessness can creep in. It is in those moments when we have an opportunity to step out of victim and into a place of power. We can affirm what we wish to see and experience in our world. We can invoke our Angels and Spirit Guides, asking them to show us what we need to learn and to help create our intentions in our world. We can shift to gratitude and focus on where love is ruling instead of fear. All of this takes discipline and sometimes it is difficult to have that discipline. But what other option do we have? Continuing to collapse into victimization creates more fear. We are here now in this incarnation having this experience. We can learn what this is teaching. We can stop being passive and allowing the world to happen to us and start consciously creating what we want to experience instead.