I recently read an article about a local boy who is going to be on A&E TV on a program called Psychic Kids. According to the article, the boy has been seeing ghosts his whole life. I was alarmed to read that he suffers from constant visitations, physical contact, and nightmares as a result of this gift. I’ve worked with many psychic and highly sensitive clients who have experienced illness or emotional distress because of their extra awareness. We all have choice about what we experience in our interactions both in our day to day encounters and during our intuitive experiences. We all have a Divine right to be safe and comfortable in our own systems. If you are intuitively aware, whether through your ability to feel others emotions, see Spirits, or know things before they happen, you can and absolutely should make guidelines around how you experience your interactions with the spirit realm.
Here are a few suggestions to help you…
1. Create a window of time to communicate: Whether you are communicating with those who have not crossed (ghosts) or with spiritual guides, angels, and archangels, you need to set a time frame to communicate. I say a prayer asking to be grounded and connected to the highest Divine source and that all communication I receive is coming from this highest source. Ask the lines of communication to be open for a set length of time (30 minutes, until you fall asleep, for the next hour, etc).
2. Write out your intention that ALL communications with the Spirit Realm be filtered through the Highest Divine Source (you can specify Jesus, Archangel Michael, Buddha or whatever high spiritual source you believe in). Ask this to be sealed in the Universe and to be in place at all times and in all circumstances. This is crucial. When I first start doing readings, I had a man come through who had died of a heart attack. I broke out in a sweat, my heart started pounding out of my chest, and I felt like I was about to have a heart attack myself. That is what can happen when you don’t filter your interactions. Always have the interactions be filtered through the highest Divine source so that your system remains safe and separate from those you are interacting with.
3. Decide what you are willing to experience. Again, you have a choice here. Do you want to know about unfortunate things that may happen when there is nothing that can be done to prevent them? Are you willing to see ghosts? How strongly do you want to experience others emotions or physical symptoms? Write out clear intentions for all aspects of communicating.
4. Remember that if something makes you uncomfortable, ask the Angels to shield you from it and to help you restore balance and to establish better boundaries.
5. Ask that as you learn, you are given the protection you need. It may be hard to think of everything when you are just getting started. This request will help protect you in the meantime.
Directly experiencing Divine love and support is an amazing gift! These simple steps can insure that your experience is empowering, rather than debilitating. If you find you need some additional help living with and growing your gifts, visit my website to learn more about how I can support you: http://www.EmpoweringLightworkers.com.
Blessings to you!
Nancy Nicholas is an Intuitive Life Coach who works with clients who are feeling powerless because of their sensitivity, a relationship, health situation, job, family matter, or other concern. She offers Empowerment Readings which combine Divine guidance with practical coaching tips to help her clients make the necessary changes to move into a better situation. She also offers clubs, products, and a Sensitive Person Mentoring Program providing tools to empower those with a more sensitive nervous system. Sessions are available by phone or email. Visit my website to learn more or call (330) 416-6184: http://www.empoweringlightworkers.com
5 thoughts on “Intuitive Gifts and Self-Care”
Thank you for these suggestions. I will be taking your advice!
Glad to hear it! Blessings to you! Nancy
These are great suggestions they teach yourself to take control of the situation.
Yes I agree – when I have unwelcome spirit guests I always just kindly ask them to leave. None of them have ever disrespected that request!
One has to wonder why some spirits tend to visit some people rather than others. Nonetheless, asking them to leave seems to be the easiest way to get them to leave. 🙂
With Love and Gratitude,
The Intentional Sage